Open for Prayer
St. Mildred’s Church will be open for Quiet Prayer on Saturday mornings from 10.30am – 11.30am – starting this Saturday 20 June.
This marks an important step in the Church of England’s phased and safe re-opening of churches.
To help foster an atmosphere of prayer there will be:
- Rublev’s famous Icon of the Trinity on display
- Lit candles and a wooden Cross on the Altar
- Background choral music on CD
- Flowers from the recent Funeral Service
You do not need to be there for the whole session.
- You will be asked to use disinfectant gel on arrival, and you will be asked to wear a face mask. Face masks will be available for purchase at £3 each, which will be donated to the organ fund.
- Entry will be through the old main door into the Church, and a one-way system will operate inside the Church, you will leave by the emergency exit behind the pulpit. There will be plenty of signs pointing the way. One or more of us will be there should you have any queries.
- Hymn books and bibles will be in the pews, but if you touch one, please deposit it at the box near the exit so that nobody else touches it.
- There will be a strict 2 metre rule in force except for members of the same household.
- There will be no access to the centre, which means that there will be no toilet facilities available.
Nobody can go into the Church at all outside opening hours. Therefore, St Mildred’s will be open only on Saturdays from 10.30-11.30.
Hopefully the above does not seem too draconian, but we are doing our best for a safe return to Church
Look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday,
Keep well and safe