Arranging a Baptism at St. Mildred’s
Baptism marks the beginning of a journey with God which continues for the rest of our lives. As water is poured over us, we are marked with the Sign of the Cross and given a lighted candle – all representing the new life offered to us by Jesus and our membership of the Church family.
- Come to one of our 10am services on a Sunday and introduce yourself to the vicar!
- Contact the Parish Office to arrange a meeting with the vicar and the Parish Secretary where you will be able to agree a date, discuss any questions and begin to complete a short form.
- When you hand the completed form to the Parish Office the Baptism is officially booked.
- Come along with the godparents to a preparation and rehearsal meeting shortly before the date of the Baptism.
Arranging a Thanksgiving service at St. Mildred’s
Thanksgiving is about thanking God before the Church community for the gift of your child.
- As for Baptism, come to one of our 10am services on a Sunday and introduce yourself to the vicar.
- Contact the Parish Office to arrange a date for the thanksgiving and complete a simple Form.
- When the date is agreed, the thanksgiving takes place during the main 10am Sunday service.
For Further details of the way to arrange your service and of our policies, please click here
A Prayer (optional, is included with application process)
Blessed are you, Lord our God, our loving Father and maker of all things. We praise you for giving us family and friends to be with in times of joy and sorrow.
We praise you for Jesus who welcomes little children into today’s Church and challenges us all right now to be like them in simplicity of life, full of happiness, wonder, and ready to learn new things.
Help us in this time of decision-making, and guide us always as we step along life’s way to do the right thing. Amen.
Holding a reception?
If you would like to hold a reception at St Mildred’s after your event please contact our Centre Manager via email email@example.com or telephone on 020 8655 1434.